Thursday 5 February 2015

Zucchini noodle pasta

Okay so I have to admit I was a little dubious about this one, I mean Zucchini noodles? However I had brought some zucchini's because they were crazy cheap at the markets this week and thought I'd give it a try.

Serves 1
Ingredients

  • 2 small zucchini 
  • 1 large tomato diced
  • red onion slices very thinly
  • 1 garlic clove crushed
  • 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar or lemon juice. 
  • 2 tsp of oil.
Instructions:
  1. Very thinly slice your zucchini into noodle strips. There are three ways to do this:
      • Use a julienne slicer/peeler 
      • Use a spiraliser
      • Or if your like me and don't have anything that fancy you can use a peeler to thinly slice the zucchini and once you have done that use a knife to slice the zuchhini into ribbons. 
2. Put the noodles in a bowel season with salt and pepper and garlic. Coat with oil and balsamic vinegar (or whatever you are using).
3. Dice your tomato and place on top of your noodles. 
4. Drizzle with more oil and balsamic vinegar desired and season with more salt and pepper if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment